About Our Longarm Quilting Services
Longarm quilting services are available for completed quilt tops. Quilting is an all over, edge to edge design with numerous patterns available. Price for edge to edge quilting is $.02 per square inch (width of quilt in inches X length of quilt in inches X .02). Minimum charge is $45.00.
If not provided by the sender, backing fabric and batting will be priced by the yard.
Please read the follow instructions carefully before shipping quilt tops.
If after reading you have questions, please contact me.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR QUILT TOP FOR BEST RESULTS:
1. Trim all stray threads from the front and back.
2. Press all seams so they lay as flat as possible.
3. Ensure quilt borders are flat—wavy borders may produce puckers or pleats when quilted
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR BACKING FABRIC:
1. Your quilt back should be a MINIMUM of 4-5" bigger than your quilt top on each side for a total of 8-10 inches longer and 8-10 inches wider than the quilt top to allow for loading onto the quilt frame and for take up during quilting.
2. If you piece your backing make sure to trim the salvages off. Use a 1/2- 5/8" seam and press the seam open. Ideally, the quilt back should be seamed from side to side.
3. Square up your quilt back so that all edges are straight
4. Press the back
Once your quilt top has arrived if pressing, trimming of threads, etc. is required, there will be an additional charge. Please refer to pricing for list of additional charges.
Completed quilt tops will be returned insured and tracked via a trusted, certified parcel carrier.